Leader VLOG #16!
Welcome to Episode 16 of our Leadership VLOG series. In this episode, Seth discusses the importance of living from the Spirit and not from the flesh.
Last month we discussed the heart of the leader. A heart that is set on Christ is a fundamental part of quality leadership. When your heart is set on who you are because of Jesus, it changes everything, including your leadership.
Today I want to talk along those same lines. You (and your leadership) come, first and foremost, from who you are –from your heart.
So if leadership is a work of the flesh (or is not a work of the flesh), where does that leave us?
“…that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man…”
Live in the flesh (in your own ability) and you will mess up. Your work may still be good, but it is not going to compare to living and working from the Spirit. You are the best leader you can possibly be when you are the best you. And the best you is the one that God made you to be in Christ. Therefore, living in the Spirit and not by your own ability is key.
Ephesians 3:12; 2:8 encourage us to live by faith in Christ. This means that it isn’t about your own faith, it’s about the faith of Christ which has been invested in you.
You may have good desires, but if you are in the flesh, you cannot please God (Romans 8). So we don’t want to be in the flesh, we want to be in the Spirit.
These are complex concepts, so my discussion with you here is merely snippets of things I would encourage you to ponder on your own! Let me recap what we have talked about the last few weeks:
You that you are His child, period. That is who you are!
Your actions are the fruit, not the root.
And it isn’t on you, it’s on Jesus. As a leader, act in faith and trust Him!
Thanks for taking the time to watch! See you in the next video.
This is the 16th ‘In Motion Ministries Leader VLOG’ (Video Blog), where Seth discusses the importance of living from the Spirit and not from the flesh.
Scroll down to the bottom to leave a comment about how this has or can make a difference in your life and leadership!
Table of Contents – Other Episodes of the In Motion Mission Trip Leadership Blog
- Asking the Right Questions – Saundra Dunn
- Staying focused with Team Members – Saundra Dunn
- Confidence; not too much or too little – Saundra Dunn
- Building Confidence in your Leadership: Admitting Mistakes – Saundra Dunn
- Why You Shouldn’t Fix Every Situation – Saundra Dunn
- Balance in Leadership – Chris and Kenzie Morris
- Fear or Grace – Seth Dunn
- A New Perspective – Seth Dunn
- Discipleship – Seth Dunn
- Our Recipe for Strength – Seth Dunn
- Connecting with Love – Saundra Dunn
- Mixing Compassion and Truth – Saundra Dunn
- The Essential Point of Connection: Feeling – Saundra Dunn
- Walk It Out – Saundra Dunn
- Action is the Fruit, Not the Root – Seth Dunn
- Leadership is Not a Work of the Flesh >> You’re HERE!
- To be released – Are you good on camera and have some leadership acumen you want to share? See the email below and ask Kenzie to set this up at the next IMLT or sometime you’re in the Greeley area.
Scroll until you see Leave a Reply
There you can leave your two cents about how you keep open perspectives.
You will also notice some blog articles dispersed throughout the leadership VLOG page. If you’d like to contribute to this, email email@example.com We would love to have your knowledge available to others here.
In Motion has trained leaders for years in how to lead short-term mission trips in various countries. If you are curious about leading trips yourself or becoming a better leader wherever you lead, visit our leadership page.