Leader VLOG #17!
Welcome to Episode 17 of our Leadership VLOG series. In this video, we contrast faith and feeling in the life of the leader.
Thanks for joining me today as we continue through our five part series, discussing the heart of the leader!
For this time together, I want to consider leadership as an action by faith, and not by feeling.
Ephesians 3:17 “So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, that you, being rooted and grounded in love…”
God wants us to walk by faith and not by feeling.
This does not mean feelings are bad; of course, they are not. God is an emotional being and has designed us as emotional beings as well. But He also calls us to walk by faith, not by emotions. While God could have chosen to send Jesus in a lot of pomp and circumstance, He didn’t. He chose to send Jesus in a way that would require people to choose Him. We have the privilege of choosing to have faith in Jesus, allowing that faith to stand as the foundation for our connection with God.
If we make feeling and emotion the foundation for our connection with God, we have a weak foundation. Faith transcends our feelings. We get to say, “I feel this, but I am going to choose to believe this…” because that’s what God is saying. And the beautiful thing about this is that our feelings will fall in line as we stand on faith.
This is a journey.
I encourage you, as a leader, spend time developing your heart.
God is asking us to live by faith that transcends our feelings. Seek this out. Spend time in His presence and in the Word. Consider what it means to act by faith, not by feeling.
As you take the time to invest in yourself as a leader, here are some scripture references to explore:
- Ephesians 3:17
- II Corinthians 5:7
- Hebrews 11:6
- Matthew 8
- I John 3:20
Please remember these videos are short. They are not designed to be a comprehensive teaching, but to give you thoughts to take and ponder.
Thanks for taking the time to watch! See you in the next video.
This is the 17th ‘In Motion Ministries Leader VLOG’ (Video Blog), where Seth discusses leadership as an action of faith, not of feeling.
Scroll down to the bottom to leave a comment about how this has or can make a difference in your life and leadership!
Table of Contents – Other Episodes of the In Motion Mission Trip Leadership Blog
- Asking the Right Questions – Saundra Dunn
- Staying focused with Team Members – Saundra Dunn
- Confidence; not too much or too little – Saundra Dunn
- Building Confidence in your Leadership: Admitting Mistakes – Saundra Dunn
- Why You Shouldn’t Fix Every Situation – Saundra Dunn
- Balance in Leadership – Chris and Kenzie Morris
- Fear or Grace – Seth Dunn
- A New Perspective – Seth Dunn
- Discipleship – Seth Dunn
- Our Recipe for Strength – Seth Dunn
- Connecting with Love – Saundra Dunn
- Mixing Compassion and Truth – Saundra Dunn
- The Essential Point of Connection: Feeling – Saundra Dunn
- Walk It Out – Saundra Dunn
- Action is the Fruit, Not the Root – Seth Dunn
- Leadership is Not a Work of the Flesh – Seth Dunn
- An Action of Faith, Not Feeling >> You’re HERE!
- To be released – Are you good on camera and have some leadership acumen you want to share? See the email below and ask Kenzie to set this up at the next IMLT or sometime you’re in the Greeley area.
Scroll until you see Leave a Reply
There you can leave your two cents about how you keep open perspectives.
You will also notice some blog articles dispersed throughout the leadership VLOG page. If you’d like to contribute to this, email firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to have your knowledge available to others here.
In Motion has trained leaders for years in how to lead short-term mission trips in various countries. If you are curious about leading trips yourself or becoming a better leader wherever you lead, visit our leadership page.