Leader VLOG #18!
Welcome to Episode 18 of our Leadership VLOG series. In this video, we ponder leadership that is rooted in love.
Ephesians 3:17 “So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, that you, being rooted and grounded in love…”
Too often we run right past what we’re reading. Let’s slow down and look at the depth of what is being said in this passage.
There’s a confidence that comes to the leader when he or she realizes, “I am who I am in Christ and my foundation is a foundation of His love.” First and foremost, He loves you. Secondly, that is your foundation. God sent Christ to firmly plant us on this foundation.
As a leader, it is so important –particularly in times of challenge– that our hearts are set in Him.
Ephesians 3:18-19: “…may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ…”
We should spend hours meditation on and thinking through this. Let me give you a real gem today: you are rooted and grounded in love. That may not sound like a bombshell, but it is! You see, it’s one thing to say we are rooted and grounded in love, but another thing entirely to get it into our hearts. And there in lies the work of the leader.
Do you believe this truth?
Thanks for taking the time to watch! See you in the next video.
This is the 18th ‘In Motion Ministries Leader VLOG’ (Video Blog).
Scroll down to the bottom to leave a comment about how this has or can make a difference in your life and leadership!
Table of Contents – Other Episodes of the In Motion Mission Trip Leadership Blog
- Asking the Right Questions – Saundra Dunn
- Staying focused with Team Members – Saundra Dunn
- Confidence; not too much or too little – Saundra Dunn
- Building Confidence in your Leadership: Admitting Mistakes – Saundra Dunn
- Why You Shouldn’t Fix Every Situation – Saundra Dunn
- Balance in Leadership – Chris and Kenzie Morris
- Fear or Grace – Seth Dunn
- A New Perspective – Seth Dunn
- Discipleship – Seth Dunn
- Our Recipe for Strength – Seth Dunn
- Connecting with Love – Saundra Dunn
- Mixing Compassion and Truth – Saundra Dunn
- The Essential Point of Connection: Feeling – Saundra Dunn
- Walk It Out – Saundra Dunn
- Action is the Fruit, Not the Root – Seth Dunn
- Leadership is Not a Work of the Flesh – Seth Dunn
- An Action of Faith, Not Feeling – Seth Dunn
- Slow Down >> You’re HERE!
- To be released – Are you good on camera and have some leadership acumen you want to share? See the email below and ask Kenzie to set this up at the next IMLT or sometime you’re in the Greeley area.
Scroll until you see Leave a Reply
There you can leave your two cents about how you keep open perspectives.
You will also notice some blog articles dispersed throughout the leadership VLOG page. If you’d like to contribute to this, email firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to have your knowledge available to others here.
In Motion has trained leaders for years in how to lead short-term mission trips in various countries. If you are curious about leading trips yourself or becoming a better leader wherever you lead, visit our leadership page.