Leader VLOG #8!
Let’s talk about new perspectives.
As of late, I’ve taken on the practice of allowing different voices into my life. I chose to do this purposefully, knowing that how we see it is, well, how we see it. And sometimes there’s more to the picture.
Recently, I went to one of those new voices and said, “Show me what I don’t know.” I laid out a current circumstance, discussed how I saw it, and then asked for this person’s perspective on the circumstance. I left that meeting with two or three key takeaways that helped me navigate that circumstance with a broader perspective.
This practice of allowing different voices into my life has proven enlightening, but I don’t want to stop there. These other voices are certainly helpful, but I also want to seek God’s voice and perspective. In the end, isn’t that what really matters?
Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior or the customs of the world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
So here’s my challenge: let’s ask God what His opinion is. Let’s spend time in the Bible and in His presence. Let’s ask ourselves day by day, moment by moment, “What is Gods’ view, God’s perspective?” And then, let’s listen.
This is the 8th ‘In Motion Ministries Leader VLOG’ (Video Blog) where we talk about allowing different perspectives and voices into our lives, including the most important opinion, God’s.
Scroll down to the bottom to leave a comment about how this has or can make a difference in your life and leadership!
Table of Contents – Other Episodes of the In Motion Mission Trip Leadership Blog
- Asking the Right Questions – Saundra Dunn
- Staying focused with Team Members – Saundra Dunn
- Confidence; not too much or too little – Saundra Dunn
- Building Confidence in your Leadership: Admitting Mistakes – Saundra Dunn
- Why You Shouldn’t Fix Every Situation – Saundra Dunn
- Balance in Leadership – Chris and Kenzie Morris
- Fear or Grace – Seth Dunn
- A New Perspective >> You’re Here!
- To be released – Are you good on camera and have some leadership acumen you want to share? See the email below and ask Kenzie to set this up at the next IMLT or sometime you’re in the Greeley area.
Scroll until you see Leave a Reply
There you can leave your two cents about how you keep open perspectives.
You will also notice some blog articles dispersed throughout the leadership VLOG page. If you’d like to contribute to this, email email@example.com We would love to have your knowledge available to others here.
In Motion has trained leaders for years in how to lead short-term mission trips in various countries. If you are curious about leading trips yourself or becoming a better leader wherever you lead, visit our leadership page.