Leader VLOG #11!
Welcome to Episode 11 of our Leadership VLOG series. In this episode, Saundra discusses leading from love.
I want to talk about the marks of a leader. The marks of a leader include inspiring people, discipling people, and being an example for people.
If you’re going to be a leader in people’s lives, then you need to be able to connect with and meet people even in their emotion. No one wants to believe it, but people are significantly affected by emotions. Many leaders walk in logic alone, but leadership requires connection, emotion, and love.
I Corinthians 13:4-8
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
Understanding that it is the love of God that changes people, we must comprehend love.
So ask yourself, “Am I connecting with people from place of love or am I only able to provide logic and knowledge?”
Ponder this and consider how you can improve the ways you connect with the people you are leading.
This is the 11th ‘In Motion Ministries Leader VLOG’ (Video Blog), where we talk about connecting with people through love.
Scroll down to the bottom to leave a comment about how this has or can make a difference in your life and leadership!
Table of Contents – Other Episodes of the In Motion Mission Trip Leadership Blog
- Asking the Right Questions – Saundra Dunn
- Staying focused with Team Members – Saundra Dunn
- Confidence; not too much or too little – Saundra Dunn
- Building Confidence in your Leadership: Admitting Mistakes – Saundra Dunn
- Why You Shouldn’t Fix Every Situation – Saundra Dunn
- Balance in Leadership – Chris and Kenzie Morris
- Fear or Grace – Seth Dunn
- A New Perspective – Seth Dunn
- Discipleship – Seth Dunn
- Our Recipe for Strength – Seth Dunn
- Connecting with Love >> You’re HERE!
- To be released – Are you good on camera and have some leadership acumen you want to share? See the email below and ask Kenzie to set this up at the next IMLT or sometime you’re in the Greeley area.
Scroll until you see Leave a Reply
There you can leave your two cents about how you keep open perspectives.
You will also notice some blog articles dispersed throughout the leadership VLOG page. If you’d like to contribute to this, email email@example.com We would love to have your knowledge available to others here.
In Motion has trained leaders for years in how to lead short-term mission trips in various countries. If you are curious about leading trips yourself or becoming a better leader wherever you lead, visit our leadership page.