Leader VLOG #12!
Welcome to Episode 12 of our Leadership VLOG series. In this episode, Saundra discusses compassion and truth in leadership.
Last month we talked about leading by connecting to people’s hearts rather than just giving them knowledge. Today I want to take that one step further and discuss the merging of compassion and truth in your leadership.
The people who have affected me deeply have been people who truly cared for and expressed compassion for me –people I KNEW cared. We see a very similar model of leadership in Romans.
“Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?”
When we understand God’s kindness, His character, and His heart towards us, we are lead to repentance. Even more, we are drawn to a new change of mind, a new understanding, and –really– to following Him.
Consider the woman caught in adultery. Jesus said to her, “Go and sin no more.” This is not the usual response to sin we see in the church. In the church, we most often see judgment without kindness.
I want to walk in life and lead others to walk in life. If I’m so busy being critical and judgmental towards other, I will miss the kindness of God. It is kindness that will lead people to the heart of God, not my criticism.
Instead of leading with judgment or criticism alone, consider the impact of leading from a place of kindness and compassion.
Q: How can you lead with kindness AND honesty, compassion AND truth?
This is the 12th ‘In Motion Ministries Leader VLOG’ (Video Blog), where we consider the role of kindness and compassion in leadership.
Scroll down to the bottom to leave a comment about how this has or can make a difference in your life and leadership!
Table of Contents – Other Episodes of the In Motion Mission Trip Leadership Blog
- Asking the Right Questions – Saundra Dunn
- Staying focused with Team Members – Saundra Dunn
- Confidence; not too much or too little – Saundra Dunn
- Building Confidence in your Leadership: Admitting Mistakes – Saundra Dunn
- Why You Shouldn’t Fix Every Situation – Saundra Dunn
- Balance in Leadership – Chris and Kenzie Morris
- Fear or Grace – Seth Dunn
- A New Perspective – Seth Dunn
- Discipleship – Seth Dunn
- Our Recipe for Strength – Seth Dunn
- Connecting with Love – Saundra Dunn
- Mixing Compassion and Truth >> You’re HERE!
- To be released – Are you good on camera and have some leadership acumen you want to share? See the email below and ask Kenzie to set this up at the next IMLT or sometime you’re in the Greeley area.
Scroll until you see Leave a Reply
There you can leave your two cents about how you keep open perspectives.
You will also notice some blog articles dispersed throughout the leadership VLOG page. If you’d like to contribute to this, email email@example.com We would love to have your knowledge available to others here.
In Motion has trained leaders for years in how to lead short-term mission trips in various countries. If you are curious about leading trips yourself or becoming a better leader wherever you lead, visit our leadership page.